Roofing STINKS

cothee04

Jurisdiction
Florida
10 years ago I purchased a home. I then financed a roof for $16k through the roofing company(now dissolved). My loan has been sold 4 or 5 times. I paid this loan off over 90 days ago. I am presently approved for a HELOC but Land Records show a second mortgage lien not released. My credit report doesn't show that I've ever even had a second mortgage. I finally located the financial institution that is suppose to have the loan. They are not responding except to say that the owner is out of the country and he has to sign the release. I then asked to at least have a loan satisfaction sent to me. They will not comply. I am self-employed without a means of transportation. Hence the HELOC. I have called everyone that I can think of including a lawyer but that was a dead end as well.
HELP!!!!

What is your actual question? If all you need is a release from someone who is not presently able to give it to you, did you ask when that person would be available?

This is an internet message board. It's not clear what sort of "help" you're expecting or hoping anyone here can provide (and that is especially so since you didn't ask a question).

Other than the statement that you paid off the purchase money mortgage over 90 days ago, your post is ambiguous as to how much time transpired. In any event, if you have discovered an encumbrance against your property that shouldn't be there, the logical thing to do is to send a written demand to the creditor in whose favor the encumbrance exists to have the encumbrance removed. If, after a reasonable period of time, the creditor doesn't remove the encumbrance, your recourse is to sue. You said you contacted a lawyer about this, but apparently the lawyer you contacted was an idiot and you should contact a different lawyer who actually knows what he or she is doing.

Back