Rollin Stone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rollin_Stone

My Rights as 20% Owner

I had lived with my girlfriend for the last 6 years and during that time bought into 20% of her house. I was given a quick claim deed for my share and did not record it because our property taxes would have been re-adjusted. We hired and attorney to advise what we should do if either person passed away, but never put a will or trust into action. Well 6 months ago she did pass away. It was a 3 month horriable experience with brain cancer. An attorney was gotten right away, at the start, and I was made the benificiary and I also recorded the quick claim deed. She has one brother, never spoke with him and swore he would not be left the house. After the death and two months later with me asking about the will, the brother says," Oh, didn't she tell you, you just got your 20%, she said she was going to tell you". Well the brother within 8 days of finding out about the health problem had everything changed and put into his name or into a new living trust. The problem was that my girl could not speak a word and there was nothing farther from my mind than to inquire about the will, her health was number one.. I could go on but I'm off the track. My question is, what are my rights as far as keeping the brother from coming into my house which he is now and 80% owner, and where can I find more information concerning my rights as owner. I do have a house in escrow at this moment, and the brother and I are in escrow to buy me out, he wants to rent the property. I have been paying half the mortgage payment ever month. I would like to know if I have any rights in this situation, to keep him out of the house while I'm preparing to move.

Thanks for any help you can give me,

Rollin Stone

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back