RIghts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T_tops

I have been wondering this for a while. I live in a subdivison and have a little land (a bit under 2 acers) . Also It is in city limits.

I have a mini dachound and if she was attacked by a loose dog running aorund the neighborhood is it legal to shoot the trespassing/attacking dog?

It would help to know the city and state in answering this question in legal terms.

Practically, I think it would be a bad idea. If you use a shotgun, you would likely kill or severely injure both dogs. A bullet from a pistol or rifle is not going to stop at your property line if you miss your intended target. In many cases, a bullet will pass completely through your intended target with enough energy cross your property line and injure or kill an innocent. I suspect your state and local authorities will take a very dim view of such an occurrence.

Dogs, especially lone dogs, are basically cowards. You should be able to rescue your mini-dachsund armed with little more than a bad attitude.

If strays are that much a problem in your subdivision, call Animal Control now. An ounce of prevention...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back