Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct Right to safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsn1234

My jurisdiction is: MA

I recently received a moving violation and as is my right, I requested a hearing.

I have now been informed that an individual who previously harassed and stalked me, works in the courthouse where my hearing for this violaton will be held. This person will have direct contact with me during the hearing process, which includes verifying my name, address, and checking me in for my hearing appointment.

Three years ago I filed a criminial complaint against this person for harassment and stalking, after receiving phone calls and a letter which were all obscene and threatening in nature. I had to change phone numbers, account passwords, and shred any discarded personal paperwork since this person indicated in the phone calls that I was being watched and also indicated that she had access to accounts. The Magistrate in my district ordered the continuance of no contact - direct or indirect, and since then I have done everything in my power to avoid this individual and protect myself from harm. I have not come into contact with this person, but I am very concerned that my appearance for the hearing could result in a relapse of the harassment I was once forced to endure.

As the victim in this situation, what rights to I have? Can I request that this hearing be in another courthouse? Who should I speak with regarding this matter; the courthouse where my violation hearing will be held, or the courthouse where the continuance was issued? I can't get a straight answer out of anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back