Assault & Battery Reverse a charge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dozer

I will make a long story short. After a night out, me and my wife came home. She was very intoxicated. She wanted to leave in one of the vehicles. I hid the keys. She calls 911.
I didn't know she was talking to dispatch. She was previously talking to her cousin, about how I wont let her leave. I thought she was still talking to her cousin.I went to the phone in the living room, lifted the phone base to press the speaker button.
We had installed internet filters for the phone lines.The tang that holds the phone line in place/connected to the phone base was broken during installation. So, when I lifted the base, the phone cord became disconnected.
My wife comes to the living room and says "Why did you hang up the phone". I said I didn't, I lifted it to press the speaker button. I didn't even know the phone cord had become disconnected from the base. My wife says "I was on the phone with 911". I was like "What, why, what for", I told her to call them back.
She uses her cell phone. The cops are already on their way, they want her to stay on the phone, she says everything is fine, and hangs up. They call back, she doesn't answer.
The cops show up with shotguns, ask me to come out side. Asked me whats going on, the dispatch said they heard a struggle.I told them the situation.They went inside, talked to my intoxicated wife. Tricked her into writing a statement by saying, "You should fill out a statement, because you will want to protect yourself, your husband is filling out one now."
Which I was not. So, with her being intoxicated, she writes all kinds of outlandish stuff. Just know that I was being charged with Domestic Assault and Interfering with Communication(2 year felony). They took me to jail.
My wife had her mom bail me out the next day. I wasn't sopposed to have contact with my wife. We did anyway like most do. Well, at the time I couldn't afford a lawyer, had to go with a court appointed lawyer(who didnt do anything).He immediately said your screwed with your wifes testimony, here is the plea bargin. Take "Domestic Violence". I said that my wife would be testifying on my behalf. That she was intoxicated, and everything she wrote was untrue. Fast forward to Preliminary.
My wife meets with the state prosecuter, tells them that she was drunk and wrote false stuff. They think she is just defending me, and pull the, "We understand you may be scared, but it will just happen again if you dont do this, it will not stop, he will keep hitting you." But she assures them that if anyone has ever did any type of hitting, it was her hitting me, that I would never hit her.My lawyer doesn't show up, so they throw me someone else. He spits out the Plea "Domestic Violence" I say Im in the military and it will hinder my being able to hold a weapon, causeing discharge from the military, Im fighting the case, my wife is testifying that everything she wrote was untrue.
The new lawyer says, well, then she will be charged with false info and more. So the new lawyer goes back and tells the state prosecuter that their witness,(My Wife) will be testifying on my behalf. Which they allready know at this point, because she is sitting right there telling them. My new lawyer tell them the same, so they come up with a new bargain. Either we go to court, fight and win, but my wife gets charged with Falsifying Police Documents..Or I take a "Disturbing the Peace" charge. "Disturbing the peace" is cheaper,fast way out of all this, so I take the bargain. Go in front of the judge, (during the preliminary), judge doesn't even have a clue whats going on, looks over the papers quickly. "Your getting a good deal here Dominick" and a speech. Then she reads the charge, but its "Drunk and Disorderly" hmmm, I look at my new court appointed lawyer, he says "no contest", so I say no contest. Done deal, I pay $320 in fines.
Now, the charge is effecting my Federal Employment application process. Also because they have access to her statement. They have no Idea what really went on behind the scenes. Me and my wife want a way to get rid of the FALSE charges, and for all her evidence to hold no merit, and be shown as false. WHAT CAN I DO? She is willing to come forward. I can afford a lawyer for her.

Listen to me RANT..
This whole ordeal has really opened my eyes to the unethical things that happen during legal matters. I know that if I could have afforded a lawyer, it would have costed me more anyway. But I would have walked away with no charges Im sure.

Its funny how law enforcement exagerates in their police statements.
For instance: Upon entering the home, a loaded weapon was found within his 8 yearold daughters reach.

Total lie: My weapon had rounds in the magazine, not in the chamber,(not fully loaded) was on the other side of the home, on my nightstand.
You have to go through the living room, and the kitchen to get to it. We were preparing for bed, that is where I keep my gun.
On the nighstand. My daughter has been trained and has even fired the Glock 27 handgun, and is aware of what it is.
Me and the officer got into a debate about it being loaded.
He was angry because he said, "Dont you watch the news, all the kids that pick up their parents handgun and shoot themselves or someone else. And mind you, the gun is loaded."

My Comeback: Did you know that all of those instances usually happen because the parents keep the gun hidden from the children, and dont educate their children about the weapon, so they find it, and play with it. Did you know that my daughter does not have the strength to pull back the charging handle in order to chamber a round. Even then, she is still somewhat afraid and flenches when pulling the trigger during target practice. Yeah, we are working on that...Did you know my daughter is not a naive little kid, but very smart on this matter.
And the gun is not loaded, there is not a round in the chamber, but even then, we should treat all weapons as though they are loaded, but that is semantic thinking in this case. And maybe your idea of a fully loaded weapon is not the same as mine.

He walks away: I hear a side conversation, "Yeah, with these charges, he won't be carrying this thing around anymore hahaha. He will lose his concealed weapons permit."

Yeah, I know, Im going off on a tangent. I have alot of friends in the Military who are law enforcement here in my state. So its not like Im attacking all Law enforcement, just the unethical.

The whole judicial system is full of unethical business practice as well, but Im sure you already know this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back