Consumer Law, Warranties Return of property

Status
Not open for further replies.

progers100

I am in possesion of 2 paintings, that were placed in my home by a friend ~ 1990. In ~ 1992 I asked to buy the paintings. The friend declined saying he did not want to sell them but preferred that they remain in my home.

In 1995 I moved from Macon to Atlanta, before moving I restated my request, the response was the same.

In ~ 1998 -1999 I again restated my request expanding it with the statement that I had become attached to the paintings since they had been in my home for so long and since I had developed this attachment I did not want a future situation to occur where they would be removed. I asked the freind to determine a value and let me know or take them back. His respomse was that he would consider this. I never received a response.

Over time the friendship has waned and unfortunatley developed a rift. We have not spent time together or spoken in 2 + years. I received an e-mail this morning, the contents of which are inserted below;

"I would like to pick up my two Beverly Buchanan paintings from you at your convenience. They won't fit in my SUV, so I will need to arrange for a van to collect them.

Can you arrange to have them in your building lobby Friday morning, October 26th? I will pick them up between 10 and noon. Or, if there is some other procedure / place which the building regime requires let me know.

Please keep the frames. I am sure you can find something else to use them on.

Thanks,"

Do I have an obligation to accomodate this request and return the paintings?

Thank you, Paul Rogers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back