Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Restricted License for court Probation on MIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

carenb04

Earlier in the year I received an MIP in Michigan. I was 20 yrs old at the time and it was my first offense. I had spoken with an attorney for advice and she had recommended that since it was my first offense I could apply for a referral program that the court offers to get it taken off my record. I am current on the court referral program (court probation) for one year. My Probation Officer said this is on my private record, meaning no one will know about it except for her & the police. One of my restrictions are that I can't consume alcohol. Im turning 21 in a few weeks and am wondering if my license will say "restrictions: Alcohol"? Or will it just be a normal license and that information will be given when my id is scanned since my probation is on a private record?

Read the terms of your probation.

You are probably barred from consuming alcohol until you've completed the terms of your probation.

If you're still unclear, ask your PO.

My terms of probation say:

"shall not possess or consume Alcoholic Beverages"

That isn't hard to comprehend, is it?

As I said, no liquor for you, until your probation is over.

If you don't comply, you'll make more trouble for yourself.

Yes, I completely understand that & will not consume alcohol during my probation.
I was just simply wondering if it would be listed on my license. The reason why I want to know is because I am embarrassed of the fact this happened to me & don't want my friends/family knowing.

Yes, I completely understand that & will not consume alcohol during my probation.
I was just simply wondering if it would be listed on my license. The reason why I want to know is because I am embarrassed of the fact this happened to me & don't want my friends/family knowing.

I don't think your friends and family will wish to examine your license. Mine don't!!!

Ask your Michigan SOS's office, or wait.

You'll know soon enough.

Okay thanks, I am just nervous about my parents. They may ask out of excitement when I turn 21, hopefully they don't. This is something I plan on getting through myself and hope that many people in my life wont know about this incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back