Breaking a Lease Restraining Order

Ralphy444

Jurisdiction
California
My sister is on title for a house that my father gave me 50% of. My sister broke into my room and filed a restraining order on me. Also the Anaheim Police Department took my Pellet Rifle from my room without a warrant.

My sister is on title for a house that my father gave me 50% of. My sister broke into my room and filed a restraining order on me. Also the Anaheim Police Department took my Pellet Rifle from my room without a warrant.

Cool story, bro, very cool story.

Thanks for sharing.

I was feeling all down and stuff, and your story made me giggle like a little baby.

What reason did the PD give for taking the pellet gun? How do you know they have it?
What reason was given for the restraining order?
How exactly did your sister "break in"?
By what manner were you given 50% of a property?
Who owns the other 50%?

What exactly was your question? By the category and title I presume you want to know if all this is justification to break a lease agreement? That is confusing because you are also saying you are a part owner and there should not be a lease situation.

Did you miscategorize the question?

Your post is rather scattered, and I can't tell what one thing has to do with another.

My sister is on title for a house that my father gave me 50% of.

Please explain exactly what you mean when you said that your "father gave [you] 50% of" the house. Does it mean that you and your sister are on the most recent deed as joint owners of the property? Does your sister own the entirety of the other 50% of the house?

My sister . . . filed a restraining order on me.

I assume what you meant to write was that she applied to the court for a restraining order. She obviously cannot file an order herself -- only the court can file/issue an order. So...did the court actually issue the restraining order? If so, when is the next hearing date?

the Anaheim Police Department took my Pellet Rifle from my room without a warrant.

How exactly did the police do the following: (1) become aware that you had a pellet rife; and (2) gain access to the rifle? I assume a couple cops weren't just strolling down the street and were bored and decided to pick a house at random and barged in and said, "Aha! A pellet rifle! Grab it!" Right?

With all that being said, you didn't ask a question, so I'm not sure what the purpose of your post is. Please also clarify what this has to do with the subject matter of this board: "Rental Agreements & Subleases."

Back