Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft restitution was made and victim isn't coming to court

mdupont612

Jurisdiction
Louisiana
I went to a restaurant and under paid my bill by $8. I went back the next day to pay it. I was told by the police that the owner has pressed charges against me. The owner contacted me to let me know that everything's ok on his part and he did not press charges on me. I called the court house and I still have a court date. So my question is what's going to happen when I get to court? Plus the owner isn't even showing up to court.

I went to a restaurant and under paid my bill by $8. I went back the next day to pay it. I was told by the police that the owner has pressed charges against me. The owner contacted me to let me know that everything's ok on his part and he did not press charges on me. I called the court house and I still have a court date. So my question is what's going to happen when I get to court? Plus the owner isn't even showing up to court.

You appear in court when and where directed at the applicable time.
You plead not guilty, admit to nothing, ask the court if you qualify to have a public defender represented to handle your case.

You might get lucky and be told the charges have been dismissed.

What you shouldn't do is not be present when you're supposed to be present.

Good luck.

Back