Restitution Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

murflett

I have been on probation since 2007, and ordered to pay restitution. Have been paying every month, but only half due to cost of living, existing child support, and basic necessities. My probation is up Jan 17. What is the course of action since my restitution is not fully paid? Also, have had no trouble while on Probation, and have gone to me PO everytime, on time. Thanks.

If you are not paid up on your restitution you will not be done with your probation. The Judge didn't give you the option of paying everything else first. You better find a way of paying what you owe in restitution or hope the Judge will give you an extension because you have been paying every month. The Judge could put you in jail and revoke your probation for failure to pay restitution. Good luck.

I understand that, but there are people out there that don't even try to pay, at least I am making an effort. My PO also said as long as you are making an effort, everything should be fine. My PO is totally on my side with this. I have given her all my pay stubs, and bills to include what I pay in child support. Hopefully I can get everything worked out. Being on Probation a little while longer will not be so bad i guess, don't mind paying restitution, since I caused it. Do you think that I could get off Probation, and the judge order garnishment from my check? I have seen other posts, and have heard of this. Thanks.

I think you will be fine. I agree with your PO that the Judge at least will see that you are committed to paying your restitution. I doubt he/she would relegate you to jail because you are not finished yet. I would be ready to explain myself though and to come up with a payment plan that will pay you out in a reasonable amount of time. The judge will work with anyone who is serious.

were you court ordered to pay a certain amount each month? If not then you should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back