Resold Item For more then seller paid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kathy6689

My sister went to a store bought a used ps3 for $180 when she realized it was not working properly me and her went back to the store where she bought it and the store owner sold her a blu-ray dvd player for $100 so he owed her $80 told her to come back for the $80 because he didn't have it and when she went back he refused to give her the $80 and since she can't used the dvd player she asked about a used 19 inch tv that came with a dvd player he was trying to sell it to her for $250 I looked online at the store he bought the tv and blu-ray from and neither item was sold for what he was selling them for the blu-ray costed $68.86 and the tv costed $168.86 Can he sale those items for more than he paid? Can he sale a used item more than its value? What can my sister do? Is what he doing bootleg?

My sister went to a store bought a used ps3 for $180 when she realized it was not working properly me and her went back to the store where she bought it and the store owner sold her a blu-ray dvd player for $100 so he owed her $80 told her to come back for the $80 because he didn't have it and when she went back he refused to give her the $80 and since she can't used the dvd player she asked about a used 19 inch tv that came with a dvd player he was trying to sell it to her for $250 I looked online at the store he bought the tv and blu-ray from and neither item was sold for what he was selling them for the blu-ray costed $68.86 and the tv costed $168.86 Can he sale those items for more than he paid? Can he sale a used item more than its value? What can my sister do? Is what he doing bootleg?

Can he sell them for more than what he paid?

Yes, he can OFFER items on sale for any amount a buyer would pay.

That's capitalism and the result is called profit.

It's just like a pawn shop. They buy articles/property & sell them for more than what they paid for them. They need to make a profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back