Corporate Law Resignation from a S Corporation

Status
Not open for further replies.

tillery

In 2003 became a partner of an S Corporation with 4 other people ( we were all new to this type of corporation). The partnership was not going as planned, I gave written notification of my resignation in April 2006 that May 31, 2006 would be my last month with the corporation. In Years 2006 - 2008 I would receive a K1- for filing my taxes. I asked my tax person, why am I still getting this form. It appears as though I am still a partner of the corportation even though I resigned. The K1 does not show a profit only a loss on the statement.
In 2009 I contacted the person who had the idea to start this corp and I asked her why are you still sending me a K1 and how do I get my name off the corp.

She sent me two forms via email with a statement, saying in order for me to come off the corp I need to sell my stock. Attached was a form for my signature and a notarys signature, stating I must sign the form stating I lost my 60 stock certificates and the 2nd form was for my signature staing I will sell them for $1.00 and she is the Power of Atty of this transaction.

I have an issue, I never received any stock certificates ( that she supposed to have issued to me), and the form states I swear this is the truth , I cannot sign this form and I do not want to purger myself, 2nd issue ,it was sent on dec. 30th 2009 lat evening with a tag line that is must be done by dec 31.

I did not and have not signed the form, my question is do I need a lawyer to get my name off of the S corporation? 2nd, why is she requesting me to lie and state I lost the 60 certificates, when I never received them? Was she supposed to issue me something?

At this point I want my name off the corp, so I can stop getting K1's, she files her taxes late and I have to request an extension every time becaue of her late filing. I apologize for the long explaination, I need advice BAD!!! or point me in the direction of a lawyer.

Thank you for your suggestion:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back