Repossession

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you explain to me what publicly accessible means?

"Publicly" and "accessible" are common and fairly well understood English words, and, since the term "publicly accessible" isn't used in the statute, I'm not sure what the difference it makes what that terms means as it relates to your legal issue.

Also it sounds like a breach of contract due to non payment and breach of peace may also be identifiable in this case.

Yes, you breached your contract with the leasing company when you failed to pay as agreed, and it's certainly possible you'll be sued for whatever unrecouped damages the leasing company might have. Nothing you described indicates any breach of peace occurred. While a trespass might have occurred, that's between your landlord and the police and the towing company.

it sounds like my case is not relevant.

As I explained previously, while the tow company may have violated the statute we have been discussing, nothing you have posted indicates that any such violation resulted in any damage to you. Your vehicle was repossessed because you failed to pay as agreed. That the statute under discussion may have been violated means that the company might be subject to a fine, but that's nothing that will benefit you.

I'm sure the issue has been resolved some time over the past year+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back