REPOSSESSION/credit report entry

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmoozik33

Hello,

I just had a situation I was hoping you all could help me with. In may of this year, 2005, my car was repossessed for being delinquent 3 months. within 5 days of them H.S.B.C. taking it, I had it back. Prior to me getting it back I was told that I had 15 days to retrieve my car, before anything would happen to prevent me from ever getting it back.

This 15 days is a policy that this company gives it's consumers I suppose, to give them a second chance, to get their car back, and not have their credit adversely affected. Well if that's true why was their a negative entry put on my credit report even after my car was returned to me after payment. I mean really, when they told me I had this time to get it back, and I very well did do it before the time frame why was the repossession still entered on my report.

After talking to a couple of rather ignorant management staff at H.S.B.C. I was told that even if your car was taken for 1 day, it was repossessed, and they will not remove the repossession off of my credit report. Is this fair, or right. I am now enrolled in an automatic payment plan that they offer, and have been on time with my payment every since the incident, but it hardly is fair, that I have to make good on my contract, when they have already put a damaging strike against my credit report.A friend told me Illinois state law allows you 21 days to get your car back, but what is the time for if it's not to prevent, negative situations(repossession) from getting worse(auction/ bad credit report entry).

Technically my credit report reads repossession on that vehicle that I still have , it seems to me that is fraudulent, or deceptive or their part, it's almost as if they said, penalize her credit report anyway, out of spite. So the benefits of paying my car out on time for the next two years is partially null and void for me already...this can't be fair, are there answers or recourses for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back