Repair shop claimed free service coupon without authorization or work done.

rts2003

Jurisdiction
California
I got a coupon for a free service, went to the repair shop in the chain to it have it done. The guy told me I need to pay extra. I was shown an itemized list which seemed to list things that should be there in the covered service already. It seemed too fishy to me, as there was a banner outside stating the price (which was lower than the coupon value). I declined the service, and went to another shop in the chain later. Here, they gladly accepted the work with no extra pay demanded. Then, I was told the coupon was already claimed when they tried to process it. The sketchy first place must be the one doing it. This chain is a franchise, and shops are managed by local owners. What can I do in this c to ase to this cheater? The guy second shop I went to is really nice. I got the printout stating that the coupon was claimed. Thanks.

Ask him to contact the first store. They should be able to verify no service was done with your coupon.
If they can't work it out you will have to pay them, but use the experience to guide whether you return for future business.

What can I do in this c to ase to this cheater?

Not exactly sure what you're asking because of the typo. If I were you, I would call the franchisor and explain what happened and ask for an appropriate refund. Also agree with the recommendation in the prior response.

Back