Rental Income Qualifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juliana12

I get $1,050.00 in a social security check, no other source of income. Now I want to rent a new apartment, safer there, nicer. But their qualifications say I must make !,397.00 a month to qualify. They said they will accept child care in someones home to make up the difference if the woman writes them a signed letter saying I make that amount and she pays me cash or they can call her to verify.
Now I am an ill 63 year old senior. My question is can I begin this baby sitting work only to get qualifyed and as soon as they accept my application and the keys to move it can I quit this baby sitting?
I am realy in no shape to do but I could just barely get through it long enough to qualify.
Will this work?????
My s.s. check is more than enough to pay the new rent it is less than I pay now.
Is there any set legal length of time I must keep up this job after I am in my new apartment. As people get fird and quit all the time. and this woman will not eclare the job and i dont pay income tax on my s.s.check it is not large enough to have to file I checked with IRS and they told me I dont have to file so I never do.
I am talking about baby sitting for no more than a couple of weks maximum, just long enough for them to call her or write to her.

Why don't you look for something else more affordable. Do you qualify for Section 8?

Have you considered getting a roommate?

I suppose you can babysit but if you are only doing it so you can pass the income check I would not want to hire you as a babysitter. Are you even allowed to do it without being licensed?

Why don't you just get a part time job outside of child care to make up the difference? I am sure there are jobs in your area that might cater to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back