Removing an Executer-Probate

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammy69

Hello
I have a interesting story. My family farm was owned by my grandmother and grandfather. The last grandparent died almost 8 years ago. My aunt (the oldest of 3 siblings) is the executer of the will. The will read that the children could buy the property at assessed value, there are 2 properties one of the children never was interested so it was only 2 that had the choice to buy one of the properties and then sell the farm equipment and split the money three ways.

Well, my aunt wasn't good at filing income tax, I believe she is done only through 1998. The one property which I grew up on sits empty and the house is getting bad. I wish to purchase the property as the children never exercised the wills intent. The aunt is almost 82 and my father who is one of the other siblings does not have an opinion. The last sibling was in a nursing home and recently passed on.

Now the problem. The aunt who is the executer is not reasonable and would like things not to change at all. She lives at the other property that is in the estate. She would not sell to anyone and has not executed the will. This has gone on for 8 years. This takes place in the state of Wisconsin. Anyway, next week is another court appearance and she may be removed as the executer.

My question is what happens when the judge makes this ruling if he does. Do things happen immediately? Like, a person brought in to sell etc., would my aunt be told to move, do things go up for auction or do past offers get considered (I have made several past offers in the last years and they were not responded to). Is the executer frozen from any further activity? Any help would be great, also I wonder if I should put a new offer into the judge and to the estate before the next court date.

I am not sure what the law is.
Thank you.
Sammy

Probate

This is sticky. Unless your dad and other siblings make a move, it could go on unless the judge sees a reason to remove your aunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back