Release from Injury Liabilty

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaNaRkI

First off I'm not sure if this belongs here with Tort or in Personal Injury, but from what I read on some other sites it seemed like my interest in related to Tort.

I am a barefooter (someone who is barefoot as much as possible, in any and all situations unless he/she feels footwear is necessary) I'm looking for a laymen's interpretation of New York State's Tort, so that when I go to various places (stores, malls, offices, museums, etc.) if they claim I must put on some footwear or leave due to liability concerns I can explain to them how they are not responsible for my feet injuries. Or so that I can wave them of responsibility so that liability is no longer an issue for my choice of not waring shoes.

To clarify, I am barefoot as a life style choice, not because I don't have any shoes or can't afford them. I simply prefer to actually feel the ground beneath my feet.

I have no opinion on your lifestyle so don't take it that way. Most places are not really concerned about liability and they aren't going to be ok with your lack of shoes because you waive liability. Liability is not handled on the floor level, it is handled at the policy making level so you are never going to be talking to the right person. Does that make sense?

Other places they see bare feet as a health problem. You aren't going to make much headway there either because that is the perception of the public. Good luck.

Ok, and I understand in terms of setting up such rules. The thing is, I actually do get "liability" as a reoccurring reason why I "must ware shoes or leave." So I'm simply asking for a better (simpler) interpretation of the laws, and if Tort is even where this conflict lies. If I can explain a fair enough amount to the people who stop me and show that I understand the laws I stand a better chance in being allowed.

Also I don't care if they are ok with it, they can frown all they like. Since I don't know these laws very well this is one area I currently can not defend my self.

I do get "health codes" as a reason but I've already learned enough about the real health and safety codes of various organizations to defend myself on that ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back