Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders registered sex offender revocated on what seems to be silly reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

neuenfeld

I am a registered sex offender, for having slept with a minor 5years ago and my probation is being revoked for having violated my probation for getting suspended from treatment and having a cellphone under my name that allowed to me access the internet. The cell phone was a gift for my girlfriend whom I've been with since february 2012 and I was suspended from treatment for having the cellphone and losing my temper. I have seven months left on my probation and a court appointed lawyer has told me I am facing two possibilities. One I can get more probation and Two I can possibly have to sit out what's left on my probation with the possibilty of four months time served from a past charge that was dismissed. I am just looking for a second opinion because my girlfriend has just given birth to our first child a week after I was arrested and I would really like to know when I could go home to be there for her and the baby. I have had a bond hearing and it was denied because the state's attorney said I am a "danger to the community" but I don't see how that is possible, I haven't done anything serious besides my offense in '09. If anyone can help me or thinks there is a different outcome I should be looking at please let me know ASAP! I have court the 18th and I'm nervous and scared.

You have already been advised of the most likely outcomes. There is no way to predict what may happen, but you and your attorney should be able to make a good guess depending on all the circumstances of your case.
I suggest you listen to your attorney and do as instructed to get the best possible outcome, but if you don't trust or feel comfortable with the one you have, by all means ask for another. Don't expect your options to change very much from what you have already been told though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back