Rediculous phone bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furtunata

HI,

I am an International Student schooling here at Berea College. The only reason I am in this particular College is because it offers full free tuition to all its students. This means that I am aware of my limited resources and the fact that I am solely responsible for myself while in this country.

For over five months, I have successfully been making international calls through a calling company called PINGO. All I needed to do was pay pingo, and it will allow me access to place my calls.

Last month I travelled home to Nigeria for 30 days. Upon my returned, I recharged with pingo as usual and continued placing calls the way I have always done. However, I discovered that I was not been charged for the calls. When I made the discovery, I was worried and contacted PINGO a total of five times, including one email. Each time, they assured me that I was okay, or that they will check again.

Three days ago, my phone was barred from making or recieving calls. I called AT&A and was told me that I owe a startling $1,400. In other words, while I was assuming that Pingo was responsible for giving me access to place international call, for some weird reason, it got diverted to AT$T, something I didn't was even possible. With pingo, all I will have to pay at the end of the day should not be more than $50.

There is no way I can afford this money and AT&A says I have to pay, what do I do?
Thank you,

Florence

Refuse to pay it. You are going to have to get another phone. When they come after you be diligent in telling them that you do not owe it. Write letters when they send you letters. Tell them if they send it to collections you will take them to small claims court in your state. If they won't leave you alone, go to small claims court. It will cost you about $80.

It's always fun to sue a big company in small claims because they send a rather expensive lawyer to a court that doesn't really count. So if the issue is under 5000 dollars it hardly makes sense for them to come. They usually settle the claim out of court. Just stick to your story and don't give up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back