Red Light Camera Ticket Timeliness

Status
Not open for further replies.

HonestCitizen

My family recently received a red-light camera violation ticket in Maryland. Maryland law says that the ticket must be mailed within 2 weeks, but the citation isn't postmarked until about 3 days after the 2 week expiration. I'd like to contest the citation, but a) do I have a chance, and b) how do I go about doing this? I've seen the "standard advice" where I talk with a court clerk about "deferral"... is this done on the day of the trial, or beforehand? If I stand before the judge, do I just ask for dismissal? A Not Guilty plea doesn't seem correct.

Also, Maryland law says that the picture of the license plate must be "clear". The picture they took was blurry. Is there any grounds to argue that point?

I know there are no points associated with this and the fine is relatively low, but it's the principal of the matter. If I have to follow the law, so should Anne Arundel County.

Thanks for any assistance.

I wish

I wish we had those cameras in Idaho. We dont have enough police to get you all. So just pay the fine and dont do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back