Reckless Endangerment in Alabama

PatriciaPAnn

Jurisdiction
Alabama
A video was posted to YouTube in which an 18 year old male stated that I have a criminal record. I do not have a criminal record. This has caused problems for me in my community. Since the age of majority in Alabama is 19, can I pursue a civil case against this young man?

A video was posted to YouTube in which an 18 year old male stated that I have a criminal record. I do not have a criminal record. This has caused problems for me in my community. Since the age of majority in Alabama is 19, can I pursue a civil case against this young man?
Probably, but what are your damages? What "problems" has it caused you?

If you're also under 19, you probably need your parents to sue on your behalf or wait until you turn 19, and you may need to sue him through his parents (or wait until he turns 19). You'll need to consult with a local attorney about this.

Have you sent a take-down notice to YouTube? If not, why not? If so, what response did you received?

What are the "problems" that this has caused? Have any of these "problems" translated into actual monetary damages? How many people have actually seen this video? Have you told folks that the info in the video is a lie? Are people refusing to believe you? Why is this person doing this, and why are people watching such a silly video?

Back