Visitor, Guest Recently married, but lease states that I am the only tenant...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirottu82

I was recently married and my spouse is moving from Illinois to join me here in Texas. I currently live in a cozy one bedroom with a grouchy landlord who lives directly across the street from me. I have been living here for the past 3.5 months and moved in prior to the marriage. My lease doesn't end until 9/30/15 and we want to live together, preferably here in my current house. Is there a way that he can move in since we are now legally married or would I have to break my lease? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I was recently married and my spouse is moving from Illinois to join me here in Texas. I currently live in a cozy one bedroom with a grouchy landlord who lives directly across the street from me. I have been living here for the past 3.5 months and moved in prior to the marriage. My lease doesn't end until 9/30/15 and want to live together, preferably here in my current house. The lease Is there a way that he can move in since we are now legally married or would I have to break my lease? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Your lease is your guide. Read it. If the lease prohibits it, talk with your landlord. See if he will okay it, if the lease says no. Get his approval in writing.

If he says no, and you're in the military, consider moving on base.

Otherwise, ask how much it would cost to break your lease. Get it in writing. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back