Really need some help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvtiro81

I live in a townhouse with a two car garage in California. The lease we had signed was a year and a half. When we first came to look at the place before we signed the contract the leasing agent told us that there would be no restrictions on parking (there are six roommates including myself, which means six cars). Once we signed the contract two of my roommates were told again there were no restrictions on parking. Four months into our lease we find they are going to have restrictions on parking, but another leasing agent told us that we would not be affected since they did not decide to restrict parking AFTER we signed the contract (we would likely get parking stickers to park out cars wherever we wanted within the property). But now I was told that because we have a 2 car garage we do not get any parking stickers to park our cars within the public parking areas. If we were told on three different occasions that there would be no restrictions do we have the rights for anything. The reason why we moved here was because there was no limitations.
I would really appreciate some feedback on what rights we have and if there is anything we can do.
thanks

I assist at an apt complex, and unless you have it in writing or you have a clause in your leasen that you signed there is really nothing you can do. Sorry.:( But I will advise you to get a copy and check out the parking policy.;)

Originally posted by rvtiro81
I live in a townhouse with a two car garage in California. The lease we had signed was a year and a half. When we first came to look at the place before we signed the contract the leasing agent told us that there would be no restrictions on parking (there are six roommates including myself, which means six cars). Once we signed the contract two of my roommates were told again there were no restrictions on parking. Four months into our lease we find they are going to have restrictions on parking, but another leasing agent told us that we would not be affected since they did not decide to restrict parking AFTER we signed the contract (we would likely get parking stickers to park out cars wherever we wanted within the property). But now I was told that because we have a 2 car garage we do not get any parking stickers to park our cars within the public parking areas. If we were told on three different occasions that there would be no restrictions do we have the rights for anything. The reason why we moved here was because there was no limitations.
I would really appreciate some feedback on what rights we have and if there is anything we can do.
thanks
The lease agreement is where all your rights flow. What does that contract say that you signed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back