raped but illegally in the US?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

armympjch

what does a woman do if shes living in the states, and has been living here for a little over 2 years and was raped by someone at her job? she is a illegal alien and has not applied for her papers yet. she is 23 years old, and will nto report it cause she hasnt applied for her status yet. i know that the US has to be able to help her out...... any suggestion as to what she can do?

If she doesnt report the rape, there is nothing anyone can do. She should call the police but there is no guarantee she is not going to be reported.

I would think there is a very low degree of risk for any kind of deportation. My understanding is that there are confidentiality provisions and other rights in place to protect here. Talking practically, she would get a tremendous amount of backing from various human and women's interest groups to protect her and it would be a PR nightmare should the INS even consider doing something as a result even if they could. My suggestion is that she should do what she has to do and not think twice about it. I could not imagine living with that kind of a horrible experience and not doing something to also prevent others from being such a victim. This happens probably much more frequently than most think as there is an additional insecurity that comes from being a non-citizen and even moreso an illegal alien.

My suggestion - go to a rape crisis center. There is confidentiality that is supposed to be in place there and I am sure they have dealt with this kind of horrific abuse in the past. I hope that she can somehow put this behind her in the best way she can and perhaps this may help in many ways.

She needs evidence to even persue him for rape and if this thing has happend awhile ago, the physical signs are gone. If the clothes have been washed, then DNA evidence is destroyed!!! I hope she has enough evidence to nail this scum bag!!!! Good luck and be strong to put this monster away!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back