Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders Raped as a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

guestpost

I am so embarrassed to ask this, I have never told anyone. As a child I was raped by a YMCA camp counselor . I am just wondering is there anything that I can do about this? I still remember the counselors first name

I am so sorry to hear about your horrible experience.

I don't know if you'll ever see this but there is no question you should report the behavior of a YMCA camp counselor. Regardless of whether the law or a statute of limitations might apply, as a rape victim you'd probably want to prevent this person from ever doing such harm to someone else. The best information as to what legal remedies you may have for rape can be provided in a couple of ways. You may first wish to speak to an experienced attorney who will be able to give you a confidential legal consultation. You can then decide whether you want to bring this information to a prosecutor or raise it with the YMCA itself. You certainly would want to do it for altruistic and moral reasons but it is also possible to obtain a legal settlement with the YMCA as well, including with this individual. I cannot tell you what your options are but, as a fellow human being who cares about the welfare of others, I do think you should raise this issue and speak to someone as soon as possible. One can only wonder whether others may be put in harm's way as a result of this person's criminal behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back