Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders rape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logan

About 5 years ago in Kentucky I was 18 years old. My parents went on vacation and I had a buddy of mine of 16 years who worked with me come down my house alot during this week to watch movies, play video games, eat pizza..etc

This girl used to always call for him at work. I find out shes lives near us and actually went to the high school I had just graduated from. But she was much younger then me, so I had no idea who she really was. But i recognized the last name because I had a class with her older siste (still younger then me).

Well, one nite during this week my parents were out my friend came on down and we were sitting in my back yard. This girl comes walking into the back yard and my friend introduces me and tells me this is the girl who always calls for him. Apprently he was just talking to her before he came down and told her he was going down his friends house just a few houses down. My friend tells me she is 14-15 I cant remember, and I even made fun of him later on about it because I didn't see the reason why an older guy would be hanging around with a girl as young as my sister.

After a brief conversation this girl left, and a few hours later my friend left.

Shortly after, I hear my phone ringing but did not catch it in time, the answering machine picked it up and it was this girls mother telling me to tell her daughter to come home. Well her daughter was gone and I didn't know her number to call the mother back. So I let it go.

Now, I was engaged to be married and I just had a little baby boy born within the last 2 months. So the next night my fiance comes down with my son to stay. Were all sleaping and I hear a knock at my door. I go around back as not to wake anyone else up and I see its this girls older sister who I recognized from high school. She asked me if I had seen her sister and that she has ran away from home. I told her she was down here talking to a friend of mine the night before but I had not seen her since. She asked me if I would tell her to come home if I seen her out anywhere. I said sure thats not a problem at all. Well that was the last time I ever saw or heard of any of them.

Now, 5 years later I hear talks from people who I was close with in that town (as I live a few towns over now with my wife) that she is saying 5 years ago I rapped her, and has a friend who says she was there and is backing her up. I'm disggusted and very mad that someone would make this type of accusation. The only thing I could come up with is this girl developed a crush on me when she saw me and now finding out that I'm married..etc she developed some type of childhood hatred towards me.

I know that, that is far fetched but its the only resonable thing I can come up with. This actually scares me because I'm a big movie & tv guy and whenever I watch court room dramas I always see the guy being charged guilty with rape because hes an older guy and the victim is a younger girl.

What do I do?

If you didn't do it, you didn't do it. I'm not sure what you are concerned with -- reputation, arrest, or both. It seems that you only heard some talk from people although it's hard to say if any of this is serious at all. It doesn't seem that you have been contacted by the police. If she and her friend are spreading this story then it is possible that you have a defamation action against them -- but be aware that they might not be worth as much as the potential judgment against them even if you did bring a case. Five years is a long time to prosecute as well... remember that the prosecution won't bring cases unless they have sufficient evidence required by law.

Yea, I understand. I'm a worrier as it is. Reputation is one thing, but it wasn't that big a deal. Like I said, Stuff like that just scares me. And the movie/tv show scenario I gave there at the end was making me worry as well, even though I know thats not real :)

I knew there would be no evidence other then he said, she said. And that a good prosecuter would'nt bring this unless they had sufficent evidence. But if she was gutsy enough to say things like this that didn't happen then I wonder what other crap they may have conjured up as evidence. But I'm sure it won't go any farther.

Thanks for the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back