Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders rape/how to prove innoncence

Status
Not open for further replies.

karen_wilmath

My husband was arrested for allegedly raping a friends daughter.(she is 20) They had been having an affair for 2 months. The woman has a child(result of an affair with another married man a little over ayear ago) and was making passes at my husband for quite some time before I finally told him enough was enough. The last time they were together she ended up having a vaginal bleed(happens sometimes) and my husband told her she had to go to the emergency room. She refused because she was afraid of her parents putting her out on the street. She made up the story of the rape(a masked man coming to the door and forcing his way in then raping her at knife point) to cover her butt. Then three days later(after seeing my husband the night before and him not talking to her or having anything to do with her) she decided that she was 99.9% sure the rapist was my husband. At this point he is in custody and they have st his bail so high I can't get him out. We have 3 children under the age of 6, he has lost his job due to her allegations, I have had to file bankruptcy, and don't know what to do to help. I know for a fact that he is innocent. We have been married 9 years(together for 11) and he hasn't even had as much as a traffic ticket. He is well known in the community. Yes, he made a bad choice by givin in to her and her propositions but what can I do to help. I can't afford an attorney so we have a public defender. I also found out that her parents ar best friends with the the Sheriff. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, the only thing I can advise you from this point of view is to work very diligently with the attorney defending him. This is a very serious allegation and difficult to defend against, so it is extremely important to have a good defense attorney and to really cooperate with him or her. Many public defenders do a tremendous job, but if you somehow can obtain the money I would look into hiring a private attorney who might be able to spend more time on that case than a public defender (though you will have to pay for that time). But even if you cannot afford a private attorney, work with the public defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back