Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders Rape from 3 years ago unreported

Status
Not open for further replies.

KTTX

Three years ago I was raped and I left it unreported. My huasband and I talk about it often and since it was a family member from his side of the family I was always hesitant to say anything. First, I don't know it anyone can even do anything about it because there is absolutely no evidence. There was no rape kit done, no DNA tested and all I have is my own word. Is there anything that can be done at this point or have I waited too long?

Since you have no evidence at all it would be VERY hard to get the DA to prosecute.

You can still contact the police. Some are trained well in eliciting confessions. If it bothers you still, and I'm not surprised that it does, something must be done. The person may have also raped other people, your consult with the police may help in another case.

Also, what state are you in? States all have different statutes of limitations for prosecuting a rape.

It is very very hard to get a prosecution for those kind of crimes. However, filing a report can't do any harm and it might help hold a little red flag that can be connected to maybe more recent times or other evidence. The police can sometimes have very talented people who can pull the truth out of him. I know most of this if not all has been said already but, I just wanted to emphasize those points. Sorry for your pains and suffferings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back