radar interferance

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJJ61

I was travelling late at night on an interstate in a well known speed trap. Very dark and no moon. My cruise was set at the speed limit, 70mph. However I was written a ticket for doing 90mph. The officer used a remote to activate the radar. I believe his dome light was on. I have read that glass reflection can cause faulty readings, Could this be a reason why the radar recorded me at 90? Could it have been another vehicle going the opposite direction?
The officer was stationary and outside his vehicle.

Interference with Police Radar

There are a lot of things that could interfere with police radar and result in a speeding ticket. I once clocked a tree a 56mph. in a high wind. Blew my mind since there were no cars.

The fact is that you are in a losing position. You say you were not speeding the officer says you were. If judge agrees with you the state does not get any money. What do you think about your chances?

If you show up in court they will probably offer you a deal in return for a guilty plea. Call the clerk of court and see if you are eligible for traffic school or a deferment program. If you have a good record and can get the ticket reduced it should not have a great impact on your insurance premiums.

If you have previous problems then retain an attorney.

IMO its just as likely that the cop had wipped his radar to get a false reading and was waiting for the next car without a passenger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back