Quiet Title

K

Kersha

Jurisdiction
Florida
In a quiet title action, the mediated agreement stated that "title will be quieted" in favor of a trust. Is the mediation agreement sufficient to quiet title or is it necessary for a judge to make an official judicial declaration that the title is quieted?

Also, if I and my husband were parties to the case, but were not duly noticed of the mediation conference and subsequently did not sign the mediated agreement, does that void it?

In a quiet title action, the mediated agreement stated that "title will be quieted" in favor of a trust. Is the mediation agreement sufficient to quiet title or is it necessary for a judge to make an official judicial declaration that the title is quieted?

Assuming that the mediation agreement is binding, at some point, somebody would have to execute deeds relinquishing their interest in the property in favor of the trust.

A court order would be required if they didn't comply with the agreement.

Also, if I and my husband were parties to the case, but were not duly noticed of the mediation conference and subsequently did not sign the mediated agreement, does that void it?

No way to answer that without knowing how you and your husband were parties to it, what the quiet title action involved, why you weren't notified, and why the heck you wouldn't follow up and keep track of the action frequently enough to be aware of the mediation conference if it had any degree of importance to you.

Back