Personal Bankruptcy Questions, how does it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack900

I will try to make this short. I live in California. I hired company A = property
management. Company A is incorporated/affilated with company B which is real estate broker.
A owes me some money and about to file for bankruptcy. B is still OK or good as far as I
know. There's a contract agreement between A and me.

Here are some of the question:
1) If I sue both A and B at the same time, and A is done with bankruptcy and court cleared
the debt, will I still be able to collect from B if I win?

2) If I sue A and B for 2 times the debt, assuming A cleared out the debt with bankruptcy,
will I be able to collect the 2nd portion if I win even if A cleared the debt?

3) if I go by #2, what kind of things can I sue for inorder to win the 2xdebt? emotional
stress? what kind of things/damage do I need to prove in court that's acceptable?

Thanks!

Jack

Jack -- what basis do you have to sue company B, especially if they are not a part of the contract? Second, why do you think that you can sue each of A and B for DOUBLE the debt? Third, we don't have the substance of your transaction or the contract language so it makes it even harder without many details.

jack900 said:
I will try to make this short. I live in California. I hired company A = property
management. Company A is incorporated/affilated with company B which is real estate broker.
A owes me some money and about to file for bankruptcy. B is still OK or good as far as I
know. There's a contract agreement between A and me.

Here are some of the question:
1) If I sue both A and B at the same time, and A is done with bankruptcy and court cleared
the debt, will I still be able to collect from B if I win?

2) If I sue A and B for 2 times the debt, assuming A cleared out the debt with bankruptcy,
will I be able to collect the 2nd portion if I win even if A cleared the debt?

3) if I go by #2, what kind of things can I sue for inorder to win the 2xdebt? emotional
stress? what kind of things/damage do I need to prove in court that's acceptable?

Thanks!

Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back