Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Questions about Shoplifting

Status
Not open for further replies.

bethey2024

In December I was arrested for shoplifting. The judge sentenced me to a Diversion Class and community service. I am confused about what that does. What I am really concerned about is how this will affect me because next year I go to college and want to be successful in life. I am worried that the stupid mistake that I made ruined my chances at that. Someone please reply.

Diversion is an alternative to conviction, so you will not get a criminal record as long as you complete what you are told to do. You can only get it if it is your first criminal offense. Just make sure you complete what you have to do or the court will put you on trial and convict you. Completing diversion will let you come out of this with a clean slate, so to speak.

However, you may still have a record of arrest on file that can be found through a background check. The thing is, an arrest does not automatically mean you commited a crime, only suspected of something. I think you can get an arrest record expunged later on, though.

If you have already been accepted into college, that means you already answered any questions pertaining to arrests or convictions on the application, so you are past that. You'll just have to work your schedule to include both your college courses and diversion and community service. Remember, get through what you have to do, avoid a criminal record, and you can have a second chance at a clean life.

Please tell me the details on diversion and community service. I will probably have to do the same. Are you going to have to go once a week for diversion? Is it a set class that you must attend? What does your community service consist of? Who tells you what to do? Do you do it on weekdays or weekends?

I am doing community service through my church and i have 3 months to complete it. I am doing 2 hours once a week and a few more on weekdays. The class is only 2 classes that are 3 hours long and it costs $85. When I am done I have to call the judge to make sure they recieved everything stating my completion.

I hope my diversion course is like that. Just two classes a few hours each. Your community service sounds pretty good, too. I know some people have to pick up trash by the side of the highway like chain gangs do.

ok....I really am curious about two things that have happen this past month at wal-mart.
1. I'm 15 years old and we know a lady thats insource at wal-mart, so me and some friends noticed that she was following us so we thought it would be funny to start following her around. We followed her for about 20 minutes and then she turns around and gets in my face and goes " DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM" and she was pretty much spitting in my face so I thought that I was just verbaly assualted. I then went to the front of the counter and complained and the guy fed me alot of bull shit and stuff so I left.
So should I have left or should I have made a big deal out of it.

2. Today I went there and I was going to steal me a little $20 battery for my cell and I took it out of the package and just left the package there, and me and a freind have a secret stash place we put all are stolen stuff so if we get searched while were walking around we wont have anything. So I hid the battery and about 20 secs. later I see the insource lady and shes following us so my freind and I decide we were going to book it and we left and when I was walking out the ALARM WENT OFF ok I didnt have anything on me that could make it go off so I think they had it set 2 go off on me or something so anyways right when it goes off the lady gets in front of me I guess so that I wouldnt run and so I was scared to death and all I could hear her say was ''sir'' and then I was emtying out my pockets and i took everything out and it still went off and she goes well I want to know whats making it go off and then she was like where is the battery and showed me the emty case and I was like i dont have it and she was like well which one of your freinds have it and i go none of them,then she asked me for my name and i gave her my 1st name and my old last name, and then they blamed it on the my cell phone or something and said I could leave, and im a pretty respected person where I live and it was right in front of wal-mart so isnt that wrong in some way since i really didnt steal anything and they accused me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back