question

Status
Not open for further replies.

torie

Hello,
I have a question:) Recently my brother told me it was ok to use his name to open an account to buy a computer. We recently have had a fight and he turned it in as fraud and said he never gave permission and now they are calling saying the want all the money i do not have the all of it, but i am willing to make monthly payments on it. Basically it is his word against mine. They told me they want a thousand dollars now which i do not have, but i will keep paying.
I just want to know what my options are under the law? If i keep paying can they still say it was a crime? Any info would be greatly appreciated. thank you

If you had the consent of your brother then it should not be a crime, even though it is your word against his. The party that is in a bad position is the merchant -- surprising that they would allow this to happen. If you pay off the amount, as you should since you have the product, it would seem that is as far as it will go.

thank you for your help the merchant did allow this to happen because they had no idea that we were doing it. i applied on the internet under his name cause he said i could. but thank you for your help it is greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back