Criminal Law Question regarding Immigration and a recent arrest

Status
Not open for further replies.

FRUSC

Recently my girlfriends mom was arrested for a domestic violence offense and she is a greencard holder. The problem is that her moms greencard expires in 2012, her mother was studying to become a citizen but is really worried that her arrest will negatively impact her chances. She was in jail for about 2 days and was released pretty soon. She then went to court with my future father-in-law and the judge or whatever person reviewed her case did not press any further charges or anything like that. There was no probation, no fines, no nothing, they let her go just like that. I do know her mother is Bipolar which might have something to do with her Domestic Violence arrest. My question is how likely is it that this will bar her from becoming a U.S. citizen??? My girlfriend and all her siblings were born here and both parents have lived here since 1984, my future father-in-law is a Naturalized citizen since 1994 and my girlfriend attends USC and her two younger siblings are UC university students here in California at. What can my future mother-in-law do to remain in this country??? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back