Question On Witness Testimony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramtime

My question is:

In a hearing involving classified school employees where there is a mediator,court reporter and under oath what is the penality if any if a witness is caught in a lie under oath?.

Ramtime said:
My question is:

In a hearing involving classified school employees where there is a mediator,court reporter and under oath what is the penality if any if a witness is caught in a lie under oath?.

That is a good question. I don't know your state but I'm sure that there are laws regarding perjury that such an act may be covered. What kind of school is it and is the proceeding through a city agency of some kind?

since the proceedings are "under oath" you can expect them to be covered by the state's perjury laws. Perjury is a serious offense that can easily bring jail time.

Rsponse to [thelawprofessor]

thelawprofessor:

It was a termination hearing for an employee in a California School District. The districts witnesses contradicted each others testimony which made them lie and also falsified charges for terminating an employee. The districts human resources superintendent and managers were also caught in lies and educational violations[44301] personnal files.

A government institution makes it possible for more ominous repercussions. I agree with NYClex although I don't find that perjury charges occur often enough. Far too often have I seen people with no concern of telling a lie under oath because of the infrequency of prosecution. NYClex may see a different perspective.

Ramtime said:
thelawprofessor:

It was a termination hearing for an employee in a California School District. The districts witnesses contradicted each others testimony which made them lie and also falsified charges for terminating an employee. The districts human resources superintendent and managers were also caught in lies and educational violations[44301] personnal files.

not at all, I sadly have to agree.

thelawprofessor

The districts human resources superintendent and managers were also caught in lies and educational violations[44301] personnal files.

This will be the basis for court proceedings and is being filed. When the case becomes public you will be reading about it. I guarentee you will not believe the actions of the district in this case and what the employee has had to endure for over a year. Just unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back