Question concerning car payment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indyrobb

Brief background:
Car was purchased in my name, however, my ex was making the monthly payments to me directly. Starting around August, payments became hit and miss, but I continued making the payments since I didn't want my credit affected. As of January, I have not received a payment towards the car, and the balance that is owed to me is 2400 dollars. Because of bad credit, he is unable to get a loan. I'm planning on repossesing the car very soon (yes, I know, I'm way past what most people would have put up with).

Questions I have are:

1. He's considering bankruptcy in the near future. Will he be able to file against me? I have a promissary note showing that he would make payments, pay my legal fees if necessary etc...

2. According to the website for my area when filing the notice:
a) if the claim arises out of written contract, a copy shall be attached; however, the fact that a copy of such contract is not in the custody of the plaintiff shall not bar the filing of the claim; and
Does this mean I need to bring a copy of the promissary note?

(b) if the claim is on account, an itemized statement shall be attached;
Since this was informal between us, I only have a spreadsheet dated back to January showing what payments I've made, is this what they mean? I was going to bring copies of my bank statements to the actual trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back