Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI Question about terms of my probation - dui

Status
Not open for further replies.

mae1983

I live in Indiana and was arrested for dui last year. I was twice the limit, i didn't have an attorney and I pled guilty. I felt horribly and strange as it sounds, i did something wrong and gladly did the night in jail and the subsequent drug and alcohol classes and paid for them. what i'm questioning now is that i have to do 52 hours of clinical therapy. in our classes they told us that each and every one of us is at least a stage 2 alcoholic because of the fact that we were arrested - if that's true then all of us should have been ordered to have a clinical evaluation at very least, but only a handful of us were. I was one of them. I'm thinking that, because when my PO took down my medical history and I admitted to having an eating disorder, that was the deciding factor in having me shell out all these hundreds of extra dollars for treatment. And because I couldn't pay for it in time my probation has been extended another three months. what really, i thought, was inappropriate was that i was ordered to have an eating disorder assessment in addition to the one for alcohol. that's none of the state's business and it's something i've already been assessed and treated for over several years' time. And eating disorder treatment is insanely expensive - not something i can afford right now as i am in college and only work part time. i don't even have health insurance. is that honestly something they can do? i was honest about my history, so i'm being punished extra when other people aren't, who committed the same f'n crime?

These programs are normally run by recovering addicts/alcoholics themself and often times are less than qualified. The "rubber stamp" they pu ton allis often times correct but still unfair. Since denial is part of the illness its easy for them to write off arguement with denial. That being said it does not make the programs more or less effective. They are what they are and if you do not repeat the offense you have no need to deal with it again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back