1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Question about second strike rule in Pennsylvania Burglary, Arson, Home Invasion

Discussion in 'Criminal Charges' started by taylor whinley, Oct 2, 2019.

1. taylor whinley

taylor whinley Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    Pennsylvania
    My boyfriend has been picked up today with a warrant. He is being charged with F1 Burglary. Is there a minimum sentence for that? I know the maximum is 20. Another question is I know the second strike law requires a 10 year minimum sentence on violent crimes which includes burglary. Now when he was under the age of 18 he had another burglary crime which he went to a group home for. My question is would this count as a second strike even though he was under 18 at the time. Can someone tell me what he is probably looking at? Someone please help!

2. justblue

justblue Well-Known Member

You can ask his attorney. What you should not do is post about his criminal case on the internet.

3. zddoodah

zddoodah Well-Known Member

He needs a criminal defense attorney and you need a new boyfriend who isn't a criminal.

4. mightymoose

mightymoose Moderator

There are various degrees of burglary. In order for this to be considered a violent crime for a strike it would have had to be an occupied residence in which some act or threat of violence occurred against the occupant.
    No need to spill the details of this matter, but if it was Adm unoccupied residence or other building our there otherwise is no detail regarding violence against another person, then it is unlikely this offense will qualify for a second strike.

Likely not a factor anymore.

If his only prior offense was as a minor them he may not even have a first strike. His defense attorney will tell him all he needs to know.