Burglary, Arson, Home Invasion Question about second strike rule in Pennsylvania

taylor whinley

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
My boyfriend has been picked up today with a warrant. He is being charged with F1 Burglary. Is there a minimum sentence for that? I know the maximum is 20. Another question is I know the second strike law requires a 10 year minimum sentence on violent crimes which includes burglary. Now when he was under the age of 18 he had another burglary crime which he went to a group home for. My question is would this count as a second strike even though he was under 18 at the time. Can someone tell me what he is probably looking at? Someone please help!

My boyfriend has been picked up today with a warrant. He is being charged with F1 Burglary. Is there a minimum sentence for that? I know the maximum is 20. Another question is I know the second strike law requires a 10 year minimum sentence on violent crimes which includes burglary. Now when he was under the age of 18 he had another burglary crime which he went to a group home for. My question is would this count as a second strike even though he was under 18 at the time. Can someone tell me what he is probably looking at? Someone please help!
You can ask his attorney. What you should not do is post about his criminal case on the internet.

He is being charged with F1 Burglary.

There are various degrees of burglary. In order for this to be considered a violent crime for a strike it would have had to be an occupied residence in which some act or threat of violence occurred against the occupant.
No need to spill the details of this matter, but if it was Adm unoccupied residence or other building our there otherwise is no detail regarding violence against another person, then it is unlikely this offense will qualify for a second strike.

Now when he was under the age of 18 he had another burglary crime which he went to a group home for.

Likely not a factor anymore.

My question is would this count as a second strike even though he was under 18 at the time

If his only prior offense was as a minor them he may not even have a first strike. His defense attorney will tell him all he needs to know.

Back