Question about lease signing.

Marcia

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
I have a general question about my lease renewal. In my current lease either the landlord or tenant must send a certified letter at least 60 days in advance either for me to end it or for her to alter the lease. My landlord sent me a certified letter saying that they wanted to change the lease and up rent some and add a couple addendums that we had talked about. My old lease would automatically renew on November 1st. My question is if my landlord cannot get a new lease to me to sign by November 1st, even though she notified me she wanted to change the lease, would my old lease just renew? Another question to piggy back off of that if I don't sign the lease until after November 1st would I have to pay the rent total from my old lease or the new lease I'd be signing? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

My old lease would automatically renew on November 1st. My question is if my landlord cannot get a new lease to me to sign by November 1st, even though she notified me she wanted to change the lease, would my old lease just renew?

Why not do the right thing, the easy thing, and ask the apartment manager?

Another question to piggy back off of that if I don't sign the lease until after November 1st would I have to pay the rent total from my old lease or the new lease I'd be signing?

You're willing to take the answers given to you by anonymous people that could impact where you live, and how much it could end up costing you, huh.

Hire yourself a lawyer who can review your lease, or discuss it with the apartment manager.

Why not do the right thing, the easy thing, and ask the apartment manager?

You're willing to take the answers given to you by anonymous people that could impact where you live, and how much it could end up costing you, huh.

Hire yourself a lawyer who can review your lease, or discuss it with the apartment manager.

Firstly there is no apartment manager it's a single family home. Secondly it's not going to impact where I live I will be living here. This forum is specifically for legal questions which is what I posted. I asked for general information. Your response was nonsensical and unimformative. Thanks for wasting both of our times.

Firstly there is no apartment manager it's a single family home. Secondly it's not going to impact where I live I will be living here. This forum is specifically for legal questions which is what I posted. I asked for general information. Your response was nonsensical and unimformative. Thanks for wasting both of our times.

Replace apartment manager with OWNER, same response.

Go discuss the matter with the OWNER.

There is no way anyone can respond with any useful answer without reading the lease, which I won't do.

Others might be willing to do it, so hang on or move on.

What you do matters not to me.

I suggest you be more civil, or I will summarily banish you from the site.
You weren't disrespected, don't disrespect me, because I don't tolerate that foolishness.

My old lease would automatically renew on November 1st. My question is if my landlord cannot get a new lease to me to sign by November 1st, even though she notified me she wanted to change the lease, would my old lease just renew?

My guess is no. If your LL gave you notice 60 days ahead of November 1 then your old lease is dead regardless of when you sign the new one.

Another question to piggy back off of that if I don't sign the lease until after November 1st would I have to pay the rent total from my old lease or the new lease I'd be signing?

As I said, your old lease is dead November 1 so get with the owner ASAP and get the new one signed if you want to stay there. Otherwise you have 3 more days to get out if you don't like the new terms.

Back