question about last name changing. please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lexisbabiix3

how are you? my name is alexis. and i have a question. i don't know if you know about any of this but i thought i would ask anyways. well i want to change my last name but my mom hasn't had the time to do it. well i saw a message someone posted and they said they changed their child's name but it wasn't legal. and they said that her name is on his school records and stuff but it was an "also known as" name. how would i do that? do i just request it at the school or what? well it would be a great help if you knew? thank you so much for your time!

alexis.

http://www.soyouwanna.com/SITE/syws/changename/changenameFULL.html

Recommended that you do legally, if minor; parents will have to do for you. Not expensive at all. Will need to keep court document with birth certificate and any where you use birth certificate will need to use court document. Will need to get new social security card, driver's license, and have a copy put in your academic file. And when you go to college will need to give a copy to admissions in case anything is in old name (AP test results, other test results, etc...)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back