Question about Articles of Incorporation Filed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jman7559

I am starting a new company in California, and desire it to be an S-Corp. I have gone to the Secretary of State today and filed the Articles of Incorporation ( pasted below). Can anyone tell me if I did it correctly? In hindsight, I recognize I should have seeked counsel from this team before my submission. Is there anything wrong or anything I missed? Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION

I

The name of this corporation is: _______My COMPANY NAME_____________

II

The purpose of the corporation is to engage in any lawful act or activity for which a corporation may be organized under the General Corporation Law of California other than the banking business, the trust company business or the practice of a profession permitted to be incorporated by the California Corporations Code.

III

The name and address in the State of California of this corporation's initial agent for service of process is:
Name _________(my name)____________________________________
Address ___________(my home address)_________________________
City ___(my city)___________ State CALIFORNIA Zip ___(my zip)____

IV

This corporation is authorized to issue only one class of shares of stock; and the total number of shares which this corporation is authorized to issue is __1500__.

V

This corporation is a Close Corporation. All of the corporation's issued shares of
stock, of all classes, shall be held of record by not more than __35___ persons.

__________(my signature)______________

(Printed Name), Incorporator

There is nothing wrong on the face of the document. Obviously, without knowing anything about your business, we cannot say whether it would have been better to do something else. However, there is nothing here that should cause your corporation to be invalid or to prevent you from filing a valid election of S corp status.

at the outset, there is nothing wrong in your document. what can go wrong is what your document doesn't contain, in the future.

you should have consulted a professional business lawyer first before you plan on establishing your company. you may realize later that its worth it. it will save you from lots of trouble in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back