Question about Age of Consent

Status
Not open for further replies.

LKBH

My son is 18 (Dec 06) and newly graduated HS. Wants to date a girl that will be a sophomore in HS, she's 14, will be 15 next month.

Regardless of them never having had sex, (and I do believe it at this point, but don't know if it will ring true, till he leaves for college). What are the laws concerning this situation.
Her parents are encouraging the relationship and have no problem with it.

I have tried to explain to him that regardless of her parents, someone on the street could say something, even not knowing the situation, and he could get into trouble with the law.
We are at major odds with this.

The girl is very sweet, very mature, and doesn't act like a normal "14" year old (is there such a thing) however, the truth still holds that she is 3 years younger than him, and for at least 1/2 a year will always be 4 years younger than him.

We have relented to them seeing each other in a group setting, and so far, that has been what has happened, but I can't be with him 24/7 and I realize this, and I am not so naive to think that if they really wanted to have sex, they could find a way.

What can I tell him about this that might get him to understand the ramifications, REGARDLESS of the fact that her parents have no problem with it.

Whether fondling, groping, or sex is unlawful will depend on the state you live in.

Please identify your state.

- Carl

I believe the age of consent in Texas is 17 if the partner is no less than 2 years older, and 18 otherwise. I'm not going to look up fondling and groping, but I think it's safe to say that touchie-feelie to the private parts can also land him in jail.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back