Purchased damaged car Craigslist.

Diegodelvalle1988

Jurisdiction
Illinois
Hello . 2 months ago I decided to buy a Mini Cooper s 2006 for 6000 . I went we did a test drive the car seems to be ok . In that time so we made the deal and the guy told me the car was in flawless condition dealer maintain and many many more lies. In his description he wrote down a lot of lies I made a screenshot and I still having his post saved in my phone . Then later I I discovered the car was damage . No one knew exactly the problem of the car until I came to the Mini dealership. They told the last owner was there few moths ago and they knew the problem . So big surprise the reparation cost is 5000 dollars and they sell me the car as good . Now 3 months passes since that time . And the car is outside of my house like garbage . I lost my money he won money cheating me . I'd like to know if there's any chance to take him to a small claim court and see what I can do . Because was very unfair what they done on me !

Please give me some advice about what to do ! I'm very sad . I don't make a lot of money and this guys cheated me very easily. And I lost that money . I have a photocopy of their title and now I have my title . And also the screenshot with the fake description . I know this was his cousin car . Also I know this guy makes money in this way buying and reselling cars without pay taxes . What I can do can I sue him ? Do I have any chance to win ?
Was very unfair !

Private party car sales are "AS IS" and it's up to the buyer to have a car thoroughly checked out before buying. Any 10 year old car with likely over 100,000 miles should be expected to have problems.

You might have recourse for outright fraud and possibly misrepresentation depending on exactly what he said about the car.

But it's going to be tough to prove, especially if it's about something that could easily have been found by a mechanic before buying.

Back