Purchased a crashed vehicle from dealer

Status
Not open for further replies.

TITIGIRL0310

Hello hope all is well. Let me start, back in 01/06 I went to purchase a vehicle from maroone Dodge of Pembroke Pine Fl. I had purchased a 2004 Lincoln navigator fully loaded. I was handed a Carfax auto report from the Salesman, stating you are getting a great deal for this price with such a great untouched car. The report had no reportings on accident or vehicle damage. I have taken my car for oil changes and new tires and balance rotation and several mechanics have told me that the car in fact has been crashed but my husband and I since we had the carfax report we thought "ah a typical mechanic trying to make me fix something that ain't broke." Well now in 05/08 I took my car to Carmax because I wanted to trade in my car and see what i could downsize to since I dont work full time, I go to school which I had to start paying for since Financial Aid to my money away and my husband two jobs are in real estate and its is real slow. to my dismay Carmax comes back after doing the appraisal and shows me an auto report showing it was crashed almost a year before I even purchased it. the vehicle had been disabled and towed on 02/25/05 10 months before marrone Dodge printed thier report out. Now of course carmax doesnt even want the thing but they offered me 10,000 for it but I said no way i am going back top the dealer who sold it to me in the first place. So I did, sat 06/08/08 7 hours of back and forth negotiation they were still unwilling to fess up to responsibility of selling me a crashed vehicle. They said that it is Carfax error and they need to do somethign about it. I send an email to Carfax they say no way jose. So who is at fault? I am in desperate need of help. Maroone dodge offered me money but not enought to even pay off my loan. I feel it is thier duty to take back that care and make it tight but they refused to. Please help me . do I have a legal issue here?

jessie

I am sorry that I don't have any information for you, just sympathy.
I am having the same fight with a dealer that sold me a 1999 Mustang Cobra 3 years ago. My brother was forced off the road in a rainstorm and his insurance company is totaling out the vehicle. During their inspection the adjuster determined that this vehicle has been in s severe front end accident and the repairs were done poorly. This lowered the value of the vehicle substantially and I am being screwed.
I too had a carfax report showing a clean history. It was on a different type of report (Experian I think) that the accident was reported. Carfax told me their "guarantee" doesn't cover this because the vehicle title wasn't actually "branded." I guess it doesn't matter that their competitor shows it on their report.
I think there is something fishy about this but it would probably take hiring a lawyer to investigate it. Any volunteers? HAHA!
Has anyone else had to deal with this?

-Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back