Consumer Law, Warranties puppy deposit

Status
Not open for further replies.

heybb

i gave a breeder, thru Paypal, her fee for a deposit of $ 350 for a puppy. I also, thru the weeks gave her $400 more. So total $750. There was no contract! I can not get the puppy now. By law, does she have to give me all, part or nothing back?

Just to clarify, are you saying you paid $750. for/toward a puppy & you now can't get a puppy & was wondering if you could get any or all of your money back?

It's not that she won't give you the puppy - it's that you don't want/can't get a puppy at this time --- is that correct?

Thanks.

If the situation is as I posted above, did the breeder mention anything about the deposit being non-refundable? You can ask the breeder about a refund. Generally the deposit is to make sure you are serious about buying the puppy & the breeder makes it known that the money is non-refundable.

You could try suing in small claims court if she will not refund the money but you may not win.

Why not contact the police, OP?

Tell them what happened to you. From the way you describe these events, you may have been sold something the seller never had any intention of delivering to you, because she had no puppies and merely was trying to rip you off. If that's the case, I smell a crime. Talk to your local police of sheriff agency.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

I can't tell for sure if OP is saying she has no puppy to give OP or if OP doesn't want/can't take a puppy right now. (like OP decided didn't want puppy after all & wants money back).

My answer in post above would be different if she doesn't have a puppy or will not give OP a puppy after OP paid her - in a way it sounds like OP for some reason can't get/take a puppy right now (changed their mind about a puppy for some reason) but still wants their money back.

If the case is she had no puppy or will not give the OP a puppy after paying, then I agree with your post above, army judge.

Last edited:
If the situation is as I posted above, did the breeder mention anything about the deposit being non-refundable? You can ask the breeder about a refund. Generally the deposit is to make sure you are serious about buying the puppy & the breeder makes it known that the money is non-refundable.

You could try suing in small claims court if she will not refund the money but you may not win.

I understand, Betty. Many times we don't fully understand what someone needs. That's why I rarely quibble with what people post. There are many ways to answer an unclear post.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back