Publically going after former employer for animal abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam876

My jurisdiction is: Illinois

Hello. I was formally employed at a very large animal shelter in the Chicago area. In my time there, I found numerous instances of animal neglect and abuse which is the reason for leaving the facility. I wish to do all I can to end this abuse. In order to do this, I plan on contacting USDA (regulates animal shelters), news media, web sites and sponsors of the shelter.

This is not a case where authorities can walk in and see obvious signs without some sort of in depth investigation. There is a definite possibility that the USDA could investigate and find no evidence strong enough to allow them to act against the shelter. This is where my desire to contact the media and sponsors lay. While I fear the difficulty proving these things, I know them to be true and wish to generate as much public attention on this as possible.

I anticipate an attempt at retaliation by the facility. I plan on giving only factual information but have no hard evidence to back my claims. I wish to bring awareness about their actions to as many people as possible but also want to avoid legal retaliation by them. Do they have any grounds by which to sue me for defemation or anything like this? Any pitfalls I could fall into during this that could cause me to become the target of a law suit? Thank you very much in advance for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back