Eviction Grounds Public housing issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmfod

My girlfriend lives in public housing in Illinois.
She is having a problem with a neighbor that is claiming she stole her child's medication(concerta). There is no proof of this and my girlfriend has no reason to steal her neighbors kid's medication.
Prior to filing a police report on this and reporting it to the housing complex, the neighbor tried to demand my girlfriend give her money to buy another prescription. When she told her she didn't have money to give her even if she wanted to, the woman went arround telling everyone that my girlfriend stole it, file a police report, and reported it t housing.
I personally suspect the woman is taking her own child's medication and trying to blame other people when it runs out.
The problem is the neighbor volunteers at the child center, which see probably should even be around children, but that is another issue, so the housing management is taking her side without any proof.
Is there anything that can be done?

If they feel grounds are present such that a breach of the lease has occurred, they may initiate eviction proceedings. She can request a hearing to present her side.

My girlfriend lives in public housing in Illinois.
She is having a problem with a neighbor that is claiming she stole her child's medication(concerta). There is no proof of this and my girlfriend has no reason to steal her neighbors kid's medication.
Prior to filing a police report on this and reporting it to the housing complex, the neighbor tried to demand my girlfriend give her money to buy another prescription. When she told her she didn't have money to give her even if she wanted to, the woman went arround telling everyone that my girlfriend stole it, file a police report, and reported it t housing.
I personally suspect the woman is taking her own child's medication and trying to blame other people when it runs out.
The problem is the neighbor volunteers at the child center, which see probably should even be around children, but that is another issue, so the housing management is taking her side without any proof.
Is there anything that can be done?

Why not suggest your friend take a drug test to PROVE that she has NONE of the alleged drug in her system.

That might assist the housing agency in determining who is lying about this matter.

Why not suggest your friend take a drug test to PROVE that she has NONE of the alleged drug in her system.

That might assist the housing agency in determining who is lying about this matter.

another excellent suggestion. thanks, I will do that.

That's not going to work, actually.

Concerta has a very, very short half-life; even if taken per instructions it can become undetectable within a matter of hours.

And that's assuming you could convince the court to order such a test - which you won't.

That's not going to work, actually.

Concerta has a very, very short half-life; even if taken per instructions it can become undetectable within a matter of hours.

And that's assuming you could convince the court to order such a test - which you won't.

Ah well it isn't a court thing it is more of a problem with the local housing authority. Personally I think the person accusing her of stealing it is actually the one taking her own kid's medication, and trying to claim everyone else is stealing them when they run out. They seem to have some kind of unwritten rule that they believe people that have lived there longer, no matter how dishonest everyone else finds them to be, over people that recently move in. It is a bit discriminatory but that is the way they are doing things, and I am more interested in finding out if she has some recourse to avoid eviction and further harassment based on only one person's comments.

Ah well it isn't a court thing it is more of a problem with the local housing authority. Personally I think the person accusing her of stealing it is actually the one taking her own kid's medication, and trying to claim everyone else is stealing them when they run out. They seem to have some kind of unwritten rule that they believe people that have lived there longer, no matter how dishonest everyone else finds them to be, over people that recently move in. It is a bit discriminatory but that is the way they are doing things, and I am more interested in finding out if she has some recourse to avoid eviction and further harassment based on only one person's comments.

It was only a suggestion about seeking a drug test for your loved one.

She can also seek a restraining order against the whiner/rat/snitch/bat rastard and her entire KLAN.

That would ensure the housing authority that everyone will be forbidden to have any contact with each other under penalty of law.

Or, she (your loved one) might want to determine how she could move out to avoid an eviction.

Maybe you could try and help her?

Let me try again then.

The housing authority has no power to order anyone to take a drug test - period.

To answer the question, the housing authority does have the ability to evict based upon an accusation; a conviction is not required. Yes, I understand it seems unfair - but unfair does not equate to illegal.

(That goes for discrimination too, by the way - most discrimination is perfectly legal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back