Public Defender!?!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kholdeman

I live in the state of Texas and my son has been accused of a very serious crime. We have not talked with the detective because we understand that giving a statement without an attorney present is not a good idea. Our dilema is wondering if we have to wait until my son is charged to be given a court appointed attorney? I am assuming that because he has not given the detectives a statement that he will be charged.

I live in the state of Texas and my son has been accused of a very serious crime. We have not talked with the detective because we understand that giving a statement without an attorney present is not a good idea. Our dilema is wondering if we have to wait until my son is charged to be given a court appointed attorney? I am assuming that because he has not given the detectives a statement that he will be charged.
I believe that normally you would have to wait until he is arrested or charged. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong. :)

You can also contact the office of the Public Defender in your county and ask. Here's the link:
http://www.courts.state.tx.us/tfid/pdoffices.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back