Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI Provisional DWI - Wake County, NC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Provisional DWI -NC

I was stopped at 2:30am this past week and after all was said and done, I blew a .04 BAC. This is of course illegal because I am underage (20).

Roughly 3 weeks ago I had a PJC extended for me (w/ completion of driving class and 16hr alcohol class) for another provisional DWI with a BAC of .02.

I was driving with two friends in the car and we all had CO2 powered BB guns and were shooting at road signs. I realize how ridiculous of an idea it was, believe me, I know.:eek:

I have two questions:

1. Would it be safe to assume that there is any defense for the way in which I was stopped? I was not speeding. His reason was that he heard us shooting as we were coming down the road.

2. With the PJC already being extended for my last DWI, would hiring a lawyer even be a good idea cost/benefit wise? The case seems clear cut to me, so I see no need for representation at this time.

Look forward to some replies, thanks.

Last edited:
I was stopped at 2:30am this past week and after all was said and done, I blew a .04 BAC. This is of course illegal because I am underage (20).

Roughly 3 weeks ago I had a PJC extended for me (w/ completion of driving class and 16hr alcohol class) for another provisional DWI with a BAC of .02.

I was driving with two friends in the car and we all had CO2 powered BB guns and were shooting at road signs. I realize how ridiculous of an idea it was, believe me, I know.:eek:

I have two questions:

1. Would it be safe to assume that there is any defense for the way in which I was stopped? I was not speeding. His reason was that he heard us shooting as we were coming down the road.

2. With the PJC already being extended for my last DWI, would hiring a lawyer even be a good idea cost/benefit wise? The case seems clear cut to me, so I see no need for representation at this time.

Look forward to some replies, thanks.

If someone answers this 2 1/2 year old question for you will you stop acting like a 2 year old? Anyways If he heard you shooting he had every reason to stop you. #2 You should always hire a lawyer to represent you when you are charged with a crime. Hope this helped, unless this is what you were trying to delete, then sorry for bumping it back up to date. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back